Nobody has written the Hash Trash yet...WHY ARE WE WAITING!?!?!
It is that time of year, the time when hashers from all
over Europe converge on Stuttgart for Fruhlingsfest at the Canstaater Wasen.
Well...for the multitude of us who have departed Germany and find ourselves located within the continental United States (CONUS), we are not to be short-changed by our inability to access festing fun. No, no, no...that shit isn't happening -- there is German beer to drink, brats and chicken to cook and eat (even if we have to do it ourselves), and buffoonery and merriment to be experienced by those who wish to partake.
So, here's the plan, schedule, wild-ass-guess of what will happen, or whatever you want to call it:
Former Germany Hares for the weekend:
- Low Profile (Formerly of Stuttgart and Sembach H3)
- Fartilatio (Formerly of Sembach H3)
- Peter Sampler - The Hebrew Hammer (Soon to be arriving from BNG H3)
FRIDAY NIGHT: Anyone who wants to join in, we will pub crawl the bars, breweries and such, surrounding the metropolis that is/isn't O'Fallon, IL. That, OR, if we get enough former Germany hashers in town, we will trail to the metro, head into St Louis and see some actual night life away from the metro east. All of that is flexible at this point.
COST? Pay as you go.
SATURDAY, SATURDAY, SATURDAY:
- Starting at 1369 hours (1:69 PM...or 2:00 PM-ISH if you need more detail), will be trail. Time may get adjusted to 1469 hours -- depends on what we are facing regarding daylight availability.
- Trail will be A-B. Start locations and google maps to follow in April.
- An embedded beer mile has been discussed. This was tried during the Mini-OktoberVolksfest last October. While a great idea, the execution left something to be desired. Thanks to much after-action critiques, we are dumb enough to try it again. As before, this WILL NOT BE A RACE AROUND A CIRCULAR TRACK...noooooo...not even close...the beer mile will be part of trail...you might consider it to be 4 beer stops, embedded in a 4-6 mile true trail.
- The trail will be walker friendly, but not stroller friendly. In fact, other than the trail, this is NOT and will not be a child friendly environment.
- Circle will be at the B (location TBD at the present time)
- The fest will begin, immediately after circle at what is affectionately known as the Casa de Not Quite Right. Address to be provided via email to those who rego.
SUNDAY: Fatboy hangover trail, Bloody Mary's, etc.
COST? $20 for Saturday beer*, German food, and Sunday hangover beverages.
*Beer -- barring something unforeseen, expect the beer to be straight from Germany...hopefully a brewery near Stuttgart. Unpasteurized German beer, from a German Keg.
Pre-payment options: A. Cash, B. PayPal (PayPal address: email@example.com)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Change of clothes
- Change of shoes
- Bug spray
- Sun Block
- Drinking vessel
- Sleeping bag, blanket, pillow, etc...as needed
- Tent, as needed
- Sense of humor
- Sense of wonder
- Thick skin
- Crash space is available...
- TENT SPACE is available...
- UBER and the METRO are available...
- Carpooling is an option...
BOTTOM LINE: NO DRUNK DRIVING!!!
- Two fire pits
- Weather permitting - Pool
- Hot Tub
- Steam Room
- Pool Table
- Beer Pong and/or Tippy/Strippy Cup
- Appropriate attire - Dirndls, Lederhosen, or hash formal (i.e. kilts, hapi coats, lingerie, etc.)
- You are highly encouraged to bring food to share (i.e. desserts, snacks, etc.) -- German food (Brats and Chicken) covered in the cost
- I will need assistance with cooking
So, cum one, cum all for festing and fun!
*Hashing and drinking are potentially dangerous to one’s health. By signing up and participating you are saying, "I acknowledge that I and I alone are responsible for my actions and safety."