Nobody has written the Hash Trash yet...WHY ARE WE WAITING!?!?!
If you registered:
WHAT YOU GET:
▪ FOOD: dinner Fri night, 3 meals on Sat,
breakfast on Sun, lunch after the Sun trail
▪ BEER: the ever-popular, never-empty, ice-cold beer trailer! BRING A VESSEL!
▪ TRAILS: Fri night, Sat night and Sun hangover hash
▪ FLOAT TRIP: Sat morning/afternoon (you can choose canoe or raft)
▪ GIVEAWAYS: a Big Hump goodie to help remember the weekend
▪ Great camping and jungle hashing with all your buds
▪ Either a bed in the house (if you paid for it) or a place to pitch your tent
▪ Hot Tub
▪ Sand Volleyball
▪ Bon Fires, bug bites, people bites, rabies shot when you get home.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: (this is a hash, so all times are subject to change)
▪ Set up your tent at your convenience any time after 1:00pm (check in at the campground office first)
▪ Carouse with your fellow hashers
▪ 7:00pm - Dinner at the house
▪ Late nite token trail. Bring a flash light.
▪ Breakfast around 8:00am
▪ 9:30am - Bus pick-up for float. YOU MISS THE BUS, YOU MISS THE FLOAT!
▪ 6 miles of floating down the Meramec River
▪ Weenie Roast Lunch on the riverbank
▪ Find the take-out spot, stumble ashore
▪ Clean yourselves up (please!)
▪ Dinner at the house
▪ Hash trail
▪ Bonfire jumping, hot tub lovin' tent raids
▪ Noon-ish Hangover Hash
▪ The never ending circle
▪ Lunch of some sort
***** Registration closed on 8/1/15! *****
No Refunds. You'll need to transfer or sell your Rego to another hasher.
ABOUT THE FLOAT TRIP
This year, you get to choose between a Raft or a Canoe. The Rafts must accommodate 6-8 people (talk
amongst yourselves). And there must be
two people in each canoe.
Sat morning, the bus will pick up our hungover sorry asses at the campsite at 9:30am and we'll put in the water at 10:00. IF YOU MISS THE BUS, YOU MISS THE FLOAT. The float is 6 miles along the scenic upper Meramec River. We'll have a weenie roast on a gravel bar along the way. If you want more food on the river, bring it yourselves.
For logistical reasons Big Hump cannot provide beer on the river, so you must BYOB on the river. Glass containers are illegal on the river, bring CANS for the float trip.
ABOUT STAYING IN THE HOUSE
Only room for 18 people in the house, and it is first cum,
first served (first 18 people to PAY for a spot). Bring your own bedding. The house is air conditioned with 2 bathrooms.
There are 7 bedrooms with mostly 2 or 3 beds in each room and one fold-out
couch that sleeps 2. All but one bed are
double beds. One bed is a bunk bed that
sleeps two on the bottom bunk and one on the top bunk. NOTE: nobody gets a double bed alone, and keep
in mind that shower / toilet facilities for our campground are IN the house. In other words, if you're looking for privacy,
pack your tent!
The following people are staying in the house (in case you need to find a bunk partner):
1. Lack of Oxygen
2. Extenze for Menz
3. Nurse Hashshit
4. Lazy Ass
5. Hoosier Daddy
8. Lord Vagamort
9. Just Sarah
10. Low Profile
11. Just Kelcie
12. Just Mario
Bird's Nest, is at 2365 Bass Rd., Cuba, MO 65453
Take I-44 west to the Cuba - exit #208 (approx. 1 1/2 hours from downtown STL). Turn on Hwy 19 South for 3 miles to Bird's Nest Road (look for On-On Arrow signs). Turn left on Bird's Nest Road (there's a big Canoe at this road). Continue 2 miles to Bird's Nest campground, look for old house. Do not park in the carport driveway, unless you are unloading. Campers pull in from the dirt road, grab an open camp spot.
Everyone must check-in at the Campground office (it is further down the road from our campground). This MUST be done before floating Saturday morning, so please do this before 9:00am on Sat. They will have a list of attendees. If you're not signed in, they will not let you in a canoe or raft.
SUGGESTED ITEMS TO BRING
▪ Your own drinking vessel
▪ Your own CANNED beverages for the float trip
▪ Lawn chair
▪ Extra shoes
▪ Bug Spray
▪ Do not bring your dignity, because you are bound to lose it!
IF YOU FORGET TO BRING SOMETHING
(liquor store and a grocery store in Cuba, less than 6 miles
Warehouse Liquors (573-885-WINE): South Hwy 19 & Spencer (108 W. Spencer Ave., Cuba, MO 65453). They said if you have any special needs / requests for beer or liquor, please call ahead, let them know, and they will try to accommodate. Hours: Fri & Sat 7am to 12pm and Sun 9am to 6 pm
Mace Supermarket (573-885-6223): 200 N. Franklin St. , Cuba, MO 65453. Hours: Fri & Sat 6:30am to 10pm and Sun 6:30am to 9pm